Sunday, December 10, 2006

The New Haven Virus

Don't worry, this a good kind of virus. So you probably want to head to New Haven, Connecticut as fast as you can to catch these four hard rocking bands and then spread them to others. They include Joetown, Blue Ruin, Eclectic Nobody's, and probably the coolest named, Lord Fowl. I recently asked some of the original bands from my first contest on Puuda Maggui's Guide to Everything to help with new bands, without expecting more than just the crappy band that their brother started and felt obligated to help out. Instead, The Bonesmen, also from New Haven, gave me the great bands listed:




With riffs that completely rock, Blue Ruin is great choice for people who love Iron Maiden and the sort. Totally 80s, but the good 80s rock, not the soft ballads that people for some reason crazed back then. Yet, they are sadly no longer together. Some of the members of Blue Ruin have moved on and joined one of my other favorite bands, The Bonesmen, but I don't know specifically who.
http://www.myspace.com/blueruinrocks





Just as much rock as the rest, but with more "hope", quoting their Myspace page and Brian Wise. This is the kind of band you want to play when your with your girlfriend or boyfriend in the car. Although, if you are a hardcore Pearl Jam fan, I doubt this is for you, but if you aren't a hardcore Pearl Jam fan then this is a great band. Their song "Burned Again" has even been featured on the Musician's Choice Volume One album. Oh yea, they are also "defunct" as I've been told, but Mark and Ken I do know are in The Bonesmen.

http://www.myspace.com/eclecticnobodys




Out of the four bands this week, Joetown is definately heavier rock/metal. Their message to people, they love to rock and love those who love to rock as well. That's a great quality in any rock band, which is what makes AC/DC (one of my two favorite bands). If you are a rocker who doesn't like to think too much when you headbang, like me, then Joetown is the band for you this week. Oh and did I mention they like to add brass in their music occasionally?

Only problem as of now is that their official profile is a regular profile and doesn't hold four songs. I did find their music on actual music profile, but that has suddenly vanished.
http://www.myspace.com/joetown



A band that has an awesome name must also have equally awesome music. Lord Fowl has both and melodies that aren't over the top, but still hard rock. Also a lot of Led Zeppelin and Boston* influence is noticeable in their songs. I'm sure Boston* fans have to get tired of it some time or another without new music out and should they ever, better check out Lord Fowl because they kick ass.



*Boston meaning Black Sabbath



http://www.myspace.com/lordfowl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I about the list inform should have more info then it has.